Hi Lovelies. I am so excited to continue the travel guides with this city guide NYC. After living just across the river, spending countless hours and days in the city, I had to share my favorite places to visit and eat. This is definitely not everything. I even left off some big tourist locations. I just had to hit these first because they were my personal faves!! New York City is truly the best city in the United States and I can’t squeeze it all in to one post. Every time I would walk down the streets and take in the energy of the city, I was always amazed. I love NYC and it will always be my second home.
Now I included Statue of Liberty in my Hoboken city guide. The Liberty State Park in New Jersey is fantastic. So, I would definitely venture to the other side of the Hudson for your visit to lady Liberty. My hotel choice for NYC is The Conrad. If you want to be in the middle of it all, this is not the hotel for you. The Conrad lies in Battery Park on the south end of Manhattan. It’s a fabulous hotel with great restaurants right outside. It is a commute to all of the excitement, but is worth it in my opinion.
Empire State Building
Obviously a must see. We just went to the 86th floor and that was enough for us. No need to make the extra trip to the very top. I think the view is more than enough, but then again I didn’t go up to the 102nd.
Natural History Museum & MET
The Natural History Museum is perfect for the whole family. We could have spent days there. The MET on the other hand, I wish I would have attended alone. I love my family, but I am the artistic one and I feel that I would have enjoyed it more solo.
Chelsey Market & High Line
This is just a really cool inside market. Lots of choices to eat, but it also has cool decorations. When it’s freezing outside, it’s also a great way to get out of the cold while going to the west side of town. Just be careful when you open that west side door. You literally feel like you will blow away.
Central Park is filled with great playgrounds and is just a gorgeous place to walk through. Be sure that you make it to the lake and the boathouse. This is by far one of my favorite spots in the city. In the hustle and bustle of it all, you can feel like you are in a totally different place.
Shopping in SoHo
True fashionistas will love venturing through SoHo. Find your style at the unique boutiques and designer brand stores. If you are on a budget, make your way to Century 21. There are a few different stores through out the city. You can get your hands on designer brands for less. It’s fab.
Oh the yummy food in NYC. This is my short version of must try places because I really think you could eat your way through New York. These are the places I frequented. When I visit I still hit them up.
- The Smith – Breakfast or lunch. There are several locations. I have only been to the Lincoln Square location. Breakfast go for the ranchero scramble and for lunch snatch up their mac & cheese.
- Norma’s – Try any of the french toast options. Literally any.
- Ladurée – The perfect stop for brunch, mimosas and macarons.
- Dough – Fantastic Fancy donuts. I was all about the hibiscus donut.
- Sugar Factory – Great place for drinks and a girls night. Their drinks are definitely Instagram worthy. If you are into that kind of thing.
- Blue Smoke – Barbecue restaurant close to the Conrad hotel. My husband loved this place. Good barbecue and they serve cornbread madelines that are so yummy.
- Cafeteria – A great restaurant open 24 hours with a great vibe and great food. Try the veggie burger. It’s just great. LOL.
- Qi Bangkok Eatery – Cool Asian cuisine in Times Square. I love the way they decorated this restaurant. The food is awesome and the prices are reasonable for NYC.
- Magnolia Bakery – All I can I say is cupcakes.
Have you been to New York? What are your musts? Be sure to check back and I will be sharing more of the city soon.
Mónica Sors says
Nice views 😉
MES VOYAGES À PARIS
NEW POST: PLAID SHIRT + MAYAN LUXURY
Fashionista Momma says
Thanks Mónica! xo ~ Megan
How fun! I’ve never been to NYC but deffff wanna go soon! Amazing place + so much to see!
Le Stylo Rouge
Fashionista Momma says
You will love it Ashley! Definitely check out these restaurants. I have more coming soon too. xo ~ Megan