Happy Fitness Friday and Happy Labor Day weekend. Summer is coming to an end and it’s time to get into a routine. So why not kick off the end of summer with 10 habits of healthy people that will help you rock the healthy lifestyle.
1. Get Sleep. This is so important to a healthy lifestyle. Your body recharges and regenerates cells while you sleep. In order to be able to rock life you need sleep. Of course not everyone needs 8 hours. I am a six-seven hour snoozer. Anything over that is too much and I find myself tired the next day. Find your sweet spot for sleep and stick to it.
2. Workout even if you don’t want to. Even if it’s for fifteen minutes, get up and move. Any exercise is better than none. Now try to shoot for at least thirty minutes 6 days a week. Giving your body one full day of recovery. This is a great routine to get into.
3. Take the stairs, or park far away. Take advantages of adding exercise in your daily routine. Don’t hunt for the closest spot in the parking lot or wait for the elevator. Take the stairs and walk when you can.
4. Make healthy food choices. Obviously, diet is a huge part of a healthy lifestyle. Try to eat organic, whole foods when you can. Avoid processed packaged food. The easiest way to do this is shop the outside areas of the grocery store, avoid the inner isles. You will find all the whole foods on the perimeter.
6. Stretch. Stretch every day. I like to start and end my day with a little yoga. It feels so good to keep my joints moving and muscles stretched. This will help protect your joints and keep you mobile as you grow older.
7. Everything in moderation. Now, we all need a glass of wine or a piece of cake every once in awhile. Don’t deprive yourself. You need to enjoy your life and if that means eating In-N-Out every once in awhile do it just don’t do it all the time.
8. Get your vitamin D. Go OUTSIDE. Sunlight is an instant mood lifter. Sit outside enjoy the fresh air or go for a walk.
9. Water. Drink a lot of water. Start and end your day with at least 16 oz of water. Don’t forget to drink it throughout the day. Finally, AVOID soda.
10. Dedication. Find a workout routine and STICK TO IT!! Don’t give up because you haven’t lost ten pounds in two weeks. Set realistic goals and listen to your body and how you feel. Being healthy isn’t all about your weight. It’s about how you feel. So, don’t give up.
Mari Corona says
Love the share, be healthy is a daily conscious effort not just a one time thing for sure.
Even today some things still I have to give myself and extra push fir sure lol.
Megan B says
I think we all have days where we need that extra push. Thanks for stopping by Mari. xo ~ Megan